Anyone else recovering from a busy week and feel like they just can’t on dinner? I’ve got you. This 3-ingredient Crockpot Sausage Dinner comes together with almost zero prep and cooks up all day in the slow cooker so it’s ready when you are plus it won’t heat up your kitchen. Oh yeah ~ and it’s a total taste sensation.
So my mom suggested this recipe several times to me since it was one of her go to’s when my sister and I were kids, but I didn’t really remember it. And to be honest, it just sound too easy. Like literally three ingredients, no seasoning? No spices? How good can that be?
Umm, so I owe her — and you — an apology for dragging my feet on this one because it is so ridiculously good, that I bumped my other planned post for this week to make sure to get this out as soon as possible. I don’t know what kind of flavor magic happens while that Crockpot lid is closed, but every bite of this — every potato, green bean or sausage hunk — was seriously so delicious.
You start with two packages of Eckrich Smoked Sausage. I think it would be equally good with a kielbasa, or any pre-cooked sausage link. Cut the sausage into hunks ~ any size hunk will do ~ and add it to the bottom of the Crockpot. Quarter up some red potatoes, I used four, but definitely add more or less to taste and add those, then pour in three cans of green beans, juice and all on top.
That’s it! Cook it on low for 8 hours. This recipe isn’t fussy though, I’m usually gone for more like 10 hours by the time I get something in the Crockpot until when we eat it, and it was fantastic.
So moral of this story, if you can’t trust your mom’s recipe testimony, whose can you trust? And just always listen to your mom, even if you’re 35 :).
If you loved this, you might also like:
- One Bowl Watermelon Sheet Cake
- Easiest Ever Wine Slushies
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Deviled Eggs
- Weeknight Grilling Nachos
- Easy Clean-up S’mores Bar
- 2 packages of pre-cooked sausage (I used Eckrich Smoked Sausage)
- 3 cans of green beans (I used French-style)
- 4 red potatoes
- Slice your sausage into hunks - any size hunk will do - and place it in the bottom of your Crockpot
- Dump in the green beans on top, juice and all
- Quarter your red potatoes and place those on the very top
- Cook on low for 8 hours