Pot of Gold Rainbow Brownies are an easy St. Patrick’s Day dessert that starts with a boxed mix of brownies. Topped with Hershey’s Gold bar minis that melt into a candy topping and rainbow sprinkles, these are a salty sweet delicious chocolate treat.
These Pot of Gold Rainbow Brownies are a seasonal twist on my Andes Mint Brownies. Easy to make ahead to take to a potluck or party, or pop them in the freezer and eat them one at a time to celebrate the St. Patrick’s Day season. If you have the willpower to eat these one at a time, please tell me your secrets :).
Pot of Gold Rainbow Brownies How-to
You’ll need a 13 x 9 brownie mix, Hershey Gold bar minis and rainbow sprinkles. Prepare the brownies per the package directions.
While the brownies are still warm, top them with unwrapped Hershey’s Gold minis. I used the entire bag of an 8.9 oz size to cover the brownies. Top with a piece of foil and let them get really melty.
Use the back of the spoon to frost the brownies with the melted bars. Because of the nuts and pretzel pieces, go slow so that the sharper pieces don’t tear into the brownies.
Top it with rainbow sprinkles immediately. I love rainbow sprinkles, so I really packed it on. Plus, the Gold bars are super duper tasty, but I wouldn’t say they’re at their most visually pleasing in melted form. So they need a little rainbow camouflage.
I went ahead and cut these right away with a bench scraper. I didn’t pre-cut the Andes Mint version and the topping cracked, which I liked when they were a smooth top, but I wanted to avoid it here. Then pop the bars in the fridge to let the candy bars set back up.
A delicious and easy St. Patrick’s Day brownie that starts with a mix! What’s your favorite St. Patrick’s Day treat? I’d love to hear in the comments.
- 1 13x9 brownie mix, prepared to package directions
- 1 8.9 oz bag of Hershey's Gold minis, unwrapped
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Prepare the brownie mix per package directions
- While it's still very warm, top the brownies with the Gold bars and top with a piece of foil
- Once the bars are melty, use the back of a spoon to spread the bars on top of the brownies like icing (go slow or the peanuts and pretzel will tear the brownies.)
- Top with rainbow sprinkles
- Pop in the fridge to firm the candy back up.